Jin That attacks you while Sleeping ..!!
This is a special Jin called “Al-kaboos” that attacks you in your sleep. The symptoms of the attack are when a person is asleep and imagines something heavy pressing upon their chest, squeezing them and constricting their breathing, hence they cannot speak or move, and they are almost suffocated because of the obstruction of their airways. When the Jin goes away, you wake up immediately in a panic gasping for air. Western scientists call this phenomenon “Sleep Paralysis” but Islam has taught us it is, in fact, a Jin that attacks during people’s sleep.
So how do we protect our selves from being attacked by this Jin? We follow the Sunnan of how our prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) Slept.
- Sleep in a state of Wudu.
- Make sure to have prayed all you fard Salah before going to sleep.
- Before climbing into your bed, dust the bed thrice.
- Recite Subhanallah 33 times, Alhamdulilah 33times and Allahu Akbar 34 times.
- Read Ayat Al Kursi
- Read the 3 Kuls ( Surat Al Ikhals, Al Falaq & An Nas).
- (If possible In-sha-Allah) Read surat Al Mulk.
- Sleeping on your right-hand side.
DISCLAIMER: The scholars have stated IF the symptoms continue to persist after you’ve taken the above actions then they strongly urge you to seek medical advice just in case there is an underline medical problem.
May Allah protect us all from the Jin. Ameen!