The most detailed list of the BEST places to start your Christmas lights search to make sure you see all the BEST Christmas lights Melbourne has to offer in 2022.
If you are celebrating Christmas in Melbourne, Victoria, you’ll love our list of Christmas lights in Melbourne. We’ve made a list and we’ve checked it twice, so you can be sure that this article will give you the detailed information. We also have up to date photos of the best Christmas lights Melbourne has in 2022.
Where to start your Christmas lights search in Melbourne 2022
Xmas lights looking in Melbourne is a rite of passage for children who love Christmas in Australia; from The Myer Windows in the CBD, to Christmas Projections in Melbourne City, to Preston, Ferntree Gully and Belmont. We’ve got you covered no matter where your Christmas lights search in Melbourne may take you!
Best Christmas lights Melbourne 2022
Melbourne – North, East, West, South….. our first stop for the Christmas this year will always have to be in Melbourne CBD!
Christmas lights Melbourne City
If you just Googled ‘Best Xmas lights Melbourne’ or ‘best Christmas lights Melbourne 2022’ this is the article for you. Across Melbourne City Christmas lights are bedazzling a number of popular locations to add a sparkle to the streets, shopping centres and other venues to help bring a smile to our faces across the festive season.
Christmas Carnival 2022
Enjoy festive thrills on the banks of the Birrarung at the Christmas Carnival. Ride the Ferris wheel, drive the dodgems or get the best view of the city lights as you spin 35-metres in the air on top of the Sky Flyer. Try your luck at much-loved carnival games and complete the experience with classic carnival food.
Melbourne Town Hall Christmas Projections 2022
Melbourne – you’re a gift. So it is only fitting that the Town Hall should join the celebrations this Christmas in Melbourne City. Our beautiful Town Hall has wrapped itself up like a big, stone present. The Swanston Street-facing side of the building has a giant bow wrapped around it, as well as big wreaths and nutcrackers.
Don’t miss the native floral wreaths, a koala climbing a candy cane, singing reindeer and penguins, themed flower beds and the famous nutcracker soldiers standing guard as Town Hall is all wrapped up with a festive bow.
Swing by the Melbourne Visitor Hub at Town Hall during the daytime (9am to 5pm) to experience singing penguins and reindeer, plus Santa’s chair.
Dates: 15 November – 25 December – 9pm-11pm
Christmas Projections and Decorations in Melbourne City 2022
Christmas comes to life around the city with sparkly decorations spreading festive cheer. Visit the Instagram-worthy Giant Reindeer in Docklands, the brand new Christmas Star on Evan Walker Bridge, and the popular Nutcracker soldiers standing guard across the city. Things really start to sparkle at night with twinkling lights in Hardware Lane and an impressive light show over Bourke Street Mall.
When: 12 November – 25 December
Where: State Library, Melbourne Town Hall and Princes Bridge
Myer Christmas Windows 2022
While you’re in the Melbourne CBD make sure you check out the Myer Christmas windows, which lights up once again with fantastic decorations and the amazing animatronics of their Christmas spectacular.
When: 6 November to 6 January from 7:30am to 10:30pm
Federation Square Christmas Lights 2022
Christmas lights at Federation Square are special. There’s always something happening at Federation Square – farmers’ markets, free films, art and craft displays, wine and food exhibitions, live music and at Christmas, there are lights!
In 2022 you can check out:
- Christmas Choirs
- Santa’s Workshop
- It’s a Wonderful Life Screening
- Festive Workshops
- As Camp as Christmas
- Koorie Krismas
- Christmas in the Wizarding World
- Pillars of Light
- Gravy Day Christmas Choir
- Flinders Street Christmas Projections
Visit Santa’s House, check out City of Melbourne’s 16 m-tall LED Christmas Tree, watch the nightly Christmas Tree Light Shows projections on Flinders Street Station and light show and much much more.
There’s free music performances, Food Truck Friday, a nativity scene, augmented reality experiences, silent disco, outdoor cinema, Christmas markets and more!
Dates: 25 November to 25 December
Christmas in Degraves 2022
Melbourne’s iconic laneway, Degraves Street, dials up the festive cheer this Christmas with beautifully decorated windows, twinkling lights and a Christmas tree.
Dates: 13 November to 18 December 11am-5pm
Christmas light houses Melbourne 2022
If you want to know where to see the best Christmas light houses in Melbourne or you are looking for the best Christmas lights in the suburban streets of Melbourne, well, we’ve got you covered there too.
Our favourite houses with Christmas lights in Melbourne this year are:
27 Glencairn Drive, Greenvale
These lights are definitely not something you want to be missing this festive season. They have 6 windows all decorated in different Christmas scenes. Walk up the driveway to view the windows and enjoy the lights! Make sure you go check them out when your family is going Christmas light looking!
Thomastown Christmas lights
With a switch on date of 4 December, 2022, Thomastown Christmas lights are not to be missed again this year!
Within the Boulevard Christmas lights, special mention must be made of Thomastown Christmas lights. The Filippini Family have been putting up this amazing Christmas display for the community to see for 22 years! The family are also raising money for the Heart Foundation and since 2004 and collected over $50,000.00! The lights are on from 4 December until the 27th of December this year.
- Sunday – Friday: 8:30pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday 8:30pm – 11:00pm
Address of Thomastown Christmas Lights: 118 The Boulevard, Ivanhoe, Victoria 3079.
Melbourne north suburbs Christmas lights:
- Gap Road Christmas Lights
- 5 Yasuda Way, Kalkallo
- 1 Hook Court, Craigieburn
- 141 Elevation Boulevard
- 74 Eldoro Crescent, Meadow Heights
- 23 Palamino Valley Court, Greenvale
- 3 Swanston Court, Taylors Hill
- 7 Narrabeen Street, Taylors Hill
- 5 Tiffany Court, Keilor Park
- 37 Flinders Street, Keilor Park
- 22 Greenview Court, Epping
- 10 Fossilstone Avenue, Doreen
- 23 Toumlin Grove, Viewbank
- 100 Valonia Drive, Eltham
- 68 Taparoo Road, Melbourne
Melbourne east suburbs Christmas lights
- 3 Frodsham Road, Ringwood
- 88 Parkhill Road, Kew
- 35 Fellows Street, Mitcham
- 50 Kincumber Drive, Croydon
- 1/20 Newman Road, Mooroolbark
- 3 Valley Court, Croydon South
- 11 Rawdon Court, Boronia
- 6 Moxhams Road, Monbulk
- 389 Glenfern Road, Upwey
- 24 Blucher Street
- 52 Blackwood Park Road, Ferntree Gully
- 61 Whalley Drive, Wheelers Hill
- 4 Yalta Court, Clayton South
- 29 Enterprize Avenue, Chelsea Heights
- 19 Greythorne Court, Narre Warren
- 29 Scenic Wonderland, Beaconsfield
- 74 Skyline Way, Berwick
- 83 Endeavour Drive, Cranbourne North
- 1 Heather Grove, Cranbourne East
- 91 Lineham Drive, Carnbourne East
- Brindalee Place Cranbourne East
- Nyarrin Place, Cranbourne West
Melbourne southern suburbs Christmas lights
- 24 Traminer Drive, Mount Martha
- 53 McLeod Road, Mount Martha
- 43 Sherwood Avenue, Rosebud
- 1621 Point Nepean Road, Capel Sound
Melbourne western suburbs Christmas lights
- 44 Streeton Close, Corio
- 13 Consedine Court, Corio
- 42 Kosciusko Avenue, Corio
- 3 Terasa Avenue, Corio
- 9 Endeca Court, Corio
- 14 Wimmera Avenue, Manifold Heights
- 13 Wimmera Avenue, Manifold Heights
- 1-3 Dew Street, Whittington
- 198 Grove Road, Grovedale
- 9 Benari Court, Grovedale
- 391-393 Wilsons Road, St Albans Park
- 13 Everlasting Terrace, Mount Duneed
- 39 Wyatt Street, Ocean Grove
- 3 Waterford Place, Clifton Springs
- 31 Eames Ave, Brooklyn
- 76 Parramatta Rd Werribee. On every night till midnight